Change the World Trust launched the first IT Training Centre in February 2009, since then the project has grown to include 8 permanent IT Training Centre and short-term training through innovative workshops, boot-camps and seminars for both high school students and their teachers.
Dell has been a supporter of CTWT since 2013 providing equipment and funding.
In 2015 Dell has donated 8 tablets and interactive Dell S520 Projector. Dell also approved and funded a 12 month engagement with Change the World Trust. The program implemented the following:
1. The Hour of Code Expansion into 4 different provinces through key partnerships & collaborations, workshop events, follow up meetings and engagement, hard copy support packs & certificates.
· 40 educators and community leaders receiving direct training in computer science basics and coding basics and how to successfully bring this into their classrooms;
· 2000 youth and kids receiving indirect training in computer science through the empowerment of the educators;
· On-going training, coaching, and mentoring.
2. Supporting the Midrand Training Hub in coordinating all Hour of Code events and programs, employment channel and training programs, including the training of:
· 80 Students in PC Basics;
· 40 students in IT Essentials; and
· 40 Youth as in Coding Basics.
3. Continued annual coaching, training & quality control of the partnership-based, rural IT Training Centre in Verena C, Mpumalanga.
To celebrate its success, Change the World Trust was hosting an awards evening on 27 October 2016 at the Holiday Inn, Sandton for stakeholders, partners and donors. Dell team has joined in the celebration and was honoured as a Platinum sponsor at the Year-end Ceremony along with other partners and the top performing students.